Saturday, June 30, 2012

I’ll Tell You Why My Stay in Korea is Awesome


       


          It’s last year on October 2011 when I was in Korea for a youth short term program, I got a news from my friend that we are chosen as the delegate of Universitas Indonesia to be exchange students in Ajou University. I have been going to Korea once and I do not know much about Ajou University at that time, but after I did this 4 months program I never regretted what I have chosen. I made a lot of sweet memories, friends, and knowledge during my stay here.
            Here in Ajou I experiences some international classes that I never experienced in my home countries. I took three classes which consist of Marketing Management, Taekwondo, and Korean Language 1. Korean language 1 class has helped me a lot to adapt to the life in Korea. It helps me to order food, drinks, and communicate in simple conversations with Korean native people and Ajou students. Once in a week I also take Taekwondo class, it helps me to learn Korean martial arts and somehow getting understand how it affects Korean do in their daily life. Third class that I took is Marketing Management, in this class I got a really great Korean-American teacher. He was really interactive in class and speaking perfect English so it makes me more attracted to learn and know more about Marketing. As the result I really use the library of Ajou to borrow some of marketing and leadership book and it truly enlighten myself of some important soft skills to improve myself.





In my spare time, there are several things that I did. I went to visit some business centers in this country to look for any business opportunity or simply just to look for business partners. Sometimes I also joined some students clubs such as Taekwondo club (Chao  Rem), travelling club (like youth hostel), English Café, and some students club concert. I enjoyed it very much to fill my free time. In my outside of class activities, I learnt much more about Korean culture. It makes my life so great and so wonderful. It happens simply because I do not only play around with Indonesian friends, but also with Korean friend and international friends. It opens my eyes about how different we are at some parts, but also in the other parts I learnt that we are same in so many parts too. Those differences will be able to be tackled if we really want to do it and make a global friendship. 
 By Richard/Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment