Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lesson Learnt from Steve Jobs Biography: Never be Afraid of Making Mistake

Several weeks ago, since I have so much free time, I decide to borrow a book from Ajou University library. The title is "Icon", at first I don't know that it's about the biography of Steve Jobs. However in the end I really enjoy it a lot, and I cannot stop to read this book till the end.

The image of Steve Job in myself before is always "a great inventor", "a rich entrepreneur", or "full of creativity CEO". All of f them are the best quality of a human being can ever achieve, but finally through this book I learn the most important thing of Steve Jobs that will never be taught on the tv.
I do have to admit that I admire Jobs creativity and visionary view, but beside those great capabilities he had, I much more admire his thought of "never ever be afraid in making mistakes". Mistake is his teacher to be a better person. He have ever been a really arrogant person during his young age, making a lot of scandals, being fired from his own "Apple" company, and even almost goes to bankruptcy related to "NEXT" and "PIXAR" stagnant improvement at the first time.


http://www.fayerwayer.com/up/2007/01/iphone-steve-jobs.jpg
Steve Jobs, the great inventor, taken from http://www.fayerwayer.com/up/2007/01/iphone-steve-jobs.jpg
If I don't read the book, I won't know that once Jobs was a very arrogant person that has no mercy toward people in his office before. Until the lesson learned from his mistake help him to CHANGE AND DEVELOP to be a better person. Moreover his persistence and consistency in doing anything will make him do whatever it is to achieve his goal.

However he can change his bad habit by also using this persistence in positive sides. I finally realized that he is also the same human with us who also ever made mistake. The answer is don't ever be afraid to make decision and do whatever you believe it is. It doesn't matter that it is a good or bad decision in the end. However when you are doing something even if it is a mistake, you will still learn something. So my final words will be: KEEP MAKING ACTION!! don't ever hesitate whether it will end good or bad because doing nothing is worse than making mistake.


P.S: for the full detail story, read the book. it's worth the time you spend to read it. You will learn a lot of important life knowledge for your own improvement

No comments:

Post a Comment