Saturday, April 21, 2012

South Korea: The Country Where My Story Starts (English Version)



Do u want to visit South Korea?
Let me share u a bit of my story to go to this wonderful country. Believe in yourself, and you will be able to visit wherever you want soon enough.

After several times failed in the selection of variety student exchanges program conducted by the University of Indonesia, it must be admitted that I was disappointed. Almost desperate, I heard that there was another selection to be an exchange student at South Korea, precisely at Ajou University. Indeed, many obstacles that come in the beginning, from the cost of living that must be spent here, the time that is wasted by coming here, hard work to look for sponsorship, and hundreds of technical obstacle to go to South Korea.

Picture of Seorakh Mountain, the Tallest Mountain at South Korea during Winter
However, all of them are paid off completely once I arrived here. Although the temperature in winter was a bit annoying, it still did not deter my spirit to explore various places of interest here. As far as now, most of the time I have here will always be used to try new things and attractions in the Country of Ginseng. Through this short story, I'll try to share a few wonderful experiences that I have.
Kimchi, cited from lovethatkimchi.com
 First, I will start with a little explanation of foods. I think the Korean food here has two characteristics which are "spicy" and "lots of vegetable". If we are eating daily foods here, we would be able to easily find types of foods with "kimchi" (Korea's traditional food of the fermented vegetables). With a slightly spicy taste on the tongue, the food has always been served in every kind of Korean food menu which can be found here. So you could say that "kimchi" is "free" because it is the side dish and you can ask more no matter how much you want it. Sometimes I have difficulties related to my inability to eat spicy food. In addition, since the Koreans like alcohol, so if you come here, definitely you are going to see a lot of alcohol is sold  anywhere ranging from beer to soju (Korean alcohol).

Having an Awesome Life with Tons of Wonderful Friends in Korea: I Couldn't Ask More in Front of Korean Goddess
Instead of eating the meal, the other thing that I do of course is "studying". To be honest I do not really study here. Since the beginning before arrival, I had declared that this student exchange will be used as much as possible for the sake of "business trip", tourism, and having more friends. The result can be seen that I only took 7 credits this semester, and I have so much free time. It gives me a bunch of leisure time to do anything. That's what I use to meet the main target of my arrival here. So in terms of studying, I just take it easy because the thing I look for here is experience here. For more details, you can see my picture on facebook (of course because you are my friend). There I upload a lot of my experience here.

Finally, when people asked what my opinion about the experience here. Only one answer will be given: "It is extremely AWESOME!". We attend college life just once, why do not we use it Effectively to enlarge our view. So this is my first post, I am sorry if there are still a lot of mistakes. See ya soon my friends with another awesome
business story! Love you ... kk.


By: Richard Rich / Entrepreneur-Student (gonna be rich man soon enough!!)wkwk
Facebook and email: rich_ryuzaki@hotmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment